Sunday, November 20, 2011

Reflections of Web 2.0

What an incredible course. I have gained so much knowledge of the various webtools available to me- and I can't wait to use them! The iLearn model makes much more sense to me now, and I can see how it fits into the overall curriculum. I feel confident in implementing the principles of this model into my future programming.

The Web 2.0 tools will go a long way towards engaging the students, but more than that, it will keep my own teaching fresh and contemporary. As a teacher, I am a lifelong learner, and my time spend doing this course is testimony to that.

I love the way that the tools address the higher order thinking skills of the students. An activity like brainstorming (Bubbl.us) requires students to create, the same with Glogster, Google Docs, Wikis etc. These are wonderful ways to engage the 21st century learner. In the use of ICT and the tools we have learnt about in the course, we are empowering our students to achieve success both as learners and as individuals in the modern world.

Thank you for the opportunity to participate in this course. It has been enjoyable and enriching. I am excited about my new found knowlege and confidence in the field of ELearning.

No comments:

Post a Comment